Thursday, November 12, 2009

11/10/09 - 11/11/09



I got to work on a SMU for Hawaii this week. They were looking for some flat billed/rounded trucker hats that had graphics from old t-shirts that were made for them last season. So there wasn't much creativity needed putting these together. The client called out everything that they were wanting. Its a good learning process to make these tech packs though. I had the opportunity to go with Josh to visit a few hat vendors in the area. We stopped by New Era and a company called PDI to either pick up some samples they made or to talk about projects in the works. It was good to see what these vendors were looking for from our end. It made more sense to see why we need to call certain things out on the tech pack.
I also worked on putting a CAD together for another backpack/hip pack. It looks like an over sized hip pack that has a pocket that contains the other half, turning it
into a backpack. I'm not sure this will fly but its a fun new design to see.
On Wednesday I did another CAD for a backpack. I took an old CAD that I put together and added elements from a different backpack. This was a little bit challenging because I usually have a prototype to work from or pictures of all angles to work from. This time I had to use my imagination to figure out what the sides and back of the pack looked like since I only had a front view picture to work from. I'm curious to see if the pack will turn out. I felt that the dimensions were a little tight for the layout I was given. Josh asked me to keep the sizing, as well as a few features of the old pack the same which made a few spots of the pack fill to close.

1 comment: