Saturday, November 7, 2009

11/03/09-11/04/09

The two big projects I worked on on Tuesday are the pack and beanie. It was fun to work on the pack because its actually a bag I own. Something I got prior to this internship. I guess it was a pack that was put together before Josh worked with Element and there was no CAD available, so that's why I drew it up. I was able to offer some feedback on the pack that might be changed. The bag has always had these to metal clasp that when not attached clink together when you walk. Its always bugged me and now we can change that for future production. The beanie was fun to work on too. Its the first time I've worked on a beanie. Its amazing how much you can learn about a product (or how much you never realized) when you have to design it.
Wednesday I worked on the headphones again. I measured the dimensions, called out specs and played with a different colorway. By the end of the day we had something to send off to the manufacture. I also worked on two colorways for a hat.
In the design area at Element they post up the products that are approved for the season. This gives everyone in the department an idea of what the line is looking like. Its fun to see the accessories section come together. About a fourth of whats posted I had a hand in helping design. I think it will be cool to see this stuff out in the market come next fall.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pack, those damn metal clasps clanking always bugged me too. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha you're comedy C... mostly for reading this junk.

    ReplyDelete