Monday, September 28, 2009

9/15/09







Today was a little better than my first day. Again I don't know why. I think I just got more of a feeling of the creative process today. It wasn't just making small changes on already existing files.
When I first arrived the receptionist (Genevieve) informed me that Josh wouldn't be in today and that I was to report to Heather Gibby (women's accessories designer). Heather seemed a little shocked but after a few minutes she came up with something for me to work on.
She had a few pictures of a backpack that she wanted redrawn in Illustrator. Once I was done with that I could come up with a few colorways* for that pack. She also wanted me to look around on the internet for some girls backpacks that I thought were cute. I don't know if I would recognize a cute backpack but I told her I'd give it a try.
Redrawing the pack was a little difficult. I'm not use to translating something to the computer to scale. I feel pretty confident in my Illustrator knowledge but this project took me a little while, most of the day in fact. It all worked out in the end though. Heather had to leave around noon so there wasn't any other assignments for that afternoon. By the end of the day I had everything requested, where it done right or wrong I'll have to wait and see. I had the pack redrawn with two colorways and also I had a few pictures of other packs I found on the internet.

Vocabulary:
*colorway - the color scheme of a certain product. One product could have many possible colorways.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice blog you have..thanks for all this information

    ReplyDelete